Time commitment: 10 minutes
Makes: about 1 1/2 cups of sauce
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup plain, unsweetened soy milk
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
Add the following ONLY if you wish, and just add a little then taste. I thought the vinegar and mustard were way too strong, and will omit them the next time I make this recipe.
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- Combine yeast, cornstarch, salt, garlic powder and soy milk (you could also use water) in a small sauce pan, stirring till everything is totally dissolved. (I found it helpful to use a whisk.)
- Turn heat to medium and continue stirring till mixture thickens, about a minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in olive oil and whatever of the last ingredients you want. Taste as you add them so that you don’t suddenly have a whole pan of apple cider vinegar and mustard sauce (that’s sort of what it felt like to me).
- Serve with Orzo Primavera, broccoli, or whatever you wish. (I’m pretty excited to make mac and cheeze…)
- Cool before storing in a sealed container in the fridge. Keeps up to about a week.